10 Most Popular Cars For Moms Announced by Truecar.comBy Emily Malave
May 11 2012
Just in time for Mother’s Day, TrueCar.com, the authoritative voice in new car pricing and industry trend information, has identified the 10 Most Popular Cars for Moms. Based on 2011 data received from women with children about the cars they drive, the findings place the Honda CR-V at the top of the list, followed by the Nissan Altima, Honda Odyssey, Subaru Outback, and Honda Pilot.
“The data shows moms prefer vehicles that combine practicality with style,” said Kristen Andersson, Senior Analyst at TrueCar.com. “Bigger is not always better when it comes to moms’ favorite vehicles as evidenced by the lack of any Large SUVs and only one minivan in the overall top ten.”
Some of the key findings of the data include:
- Honda has five vehicles in the top 10 most popular cars for moms, including the CR-V, Odyssey, Pilot, Accord, and Civic.
- Nissan has three vehicles in the top 10 most popular cars for moms, including the Altima, Rogue, and Sentra.
- Odyssey ranked the highest among moms with two or more kids, thanks to its ability to hold up to eight people as well as 38.4 cubic-feet of cargo. The Honda Pilot, which ranked fifth overall, came in second place among moms with two or more kids, also attributable to its ability to carry up to eight passengers and 18 cubic feet of cargo.
- With manufacturer’s suggested retail pricing of $37,855 and $40,200, the Honda Odyssey and Pilot are the two most expensive vehicles on the list.
- The two least expensive vehicles on the list were the Honda Civic and Nissan Sentra small sedans, with MSRPs of $21,445 and $19,140, making them favorites among small families with small budgets.
- Only one minivan made the overall top 10, showing that most moms still prefer to drive a sedan or SUV. However, three minivans — the Honda Odyssey, Toyota Sienna, and Chrysler Town & Country — ranked among the top five most popular vehicles for moms with three or more children.
|Ten Most Popular Cars for Moms|
|Rank##||Make Model Trim||Segment||MSRP||Average Paid*||$ Discount||%|
|City / Hwy / Combined|
|1||Honda CR-V 2WD 5dr EX-L w/Navi||Midsize|
|$29,575||$29,036||$539||1.8%||23 / 31 / 26.8||37.2|
|2||Nissan Altima Sedan 4dr Sedan I4 CVT 2.5||Midsize|
|$21,330||$20,092||$1,238||5.8%||23 / 32 / 27.2||15.3|
|3||Honda Odyssey 5dr EX-L w/Navi||Minivan||$37,855||$35,402||$2,453||6.5%||18 / 27 / 22.0||38.4|
|4||Subaru Outback Wgn 4dr Wagon H6 Auto 3.6R Limited||Midsize|
|$32,470||$31,011||$1,459||4.5%||18 / 25 / 21.3||34.3|
|5||Honda Pilot 2WD 4dr Touring w/RES & Navi||Midsize|
|$40,200||$38,284||$1,916||4.8%||18 / 25 / 21.3||18|
|6||Volkswagen Jetta Sdn 4dr DSG TDI w/Premium & Nav||Small|
|$27,215||$26,407||$808||3.0%||30 / 42 / 35.6||15.7|
|7||Nissan Rogue FWD 4dr SL||Midsize|
|$29,235||$28,346||$889||3.0%||23 / 28 / 25.5||28.9|
|8||Honda Accord Sedan 4dr I4 Auto EX||Midsize|
|$25,995||$24,222||$1,773||6.8%||23 / 34 / 28||14.7|
|9||Honda Civic Sedan 4dr Auto EX||Small|
|$21,445||$20,469||$976||4.6%||28 / 39 / 33.1||12.5|
|10||Nissan Sentra 4dr Sedan I4 CVT 2.0 S||Small|
|$19,140||$18,879||$261||1.4%||27 / 34 / 30.4||13.1|
|*Average price paid is the estimated average transaction price of a vehicle including delivery after incentives within the last 30 days, is subject to change, and does not include sales tax or licensing fees. ** Percent Discount is rounded to the nearest tenth. #Cargo space is given for the trunk, or the space behind the last row of seats, with all seats UP. ##Rankings Data is from Strategic Vision’s New Vehicle Experience Survey..|
|Rankings for Moms |
with One Child
|Rankings for Moms |
with Two Children
|Rankings for Moms |
with Three or more Children
|##Rankings Data is from Strategic Vision’s New Vehicle Experience Survey.|
For more information about the vehicles in this chart, visit the TrueCar Blog.
TrueCar, Inc. is an online automotive information and communications platform focused on creating a better car buying experience for dealers and consumers. Consumers want a hassle-free car buying experience and dealers want high-quality sales velocity. TrueCar helps achieve these goals by providing unbiased market information on new car transactions and by supplying an online communications platform through which dealers and consumers can communicate with each other. TrueCar’s market-based information provides both consumers and dealers with an accurate and comprehensive understanding of what others actually paid recently for similar vehicles, both locally and nationally. TrueCar’s communications platform then allows informed, ready-to-buy consumers to communicate directly with participating dealers. Some of the nation’s largest and most well respected membership and service organizations rely on websites powered by TrueCar to help educate their members and customers who are in the automotive market. TrueCar is headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, and has offices in San Francisco, CA, and Austin, TX. After experiencing dramatic growth since 2006, TrueCar is developing a suite of products and services centered on radical clarity through the comprehensive analysis of market data and information. TrueCar’s participating dealer partners have sold over 500,000 new vehicles to TrueCar users nationwide.
Short URL: http://sanfranciscobayareatoday.org/?p=18320